Wow, it’s 2015: this is going to be a fantastic year! I just know it!
I love new year’s resolutions! Do you?
Did you know that 90% of our behaviour is habitual. Yes, 90%!! So if you want to achieve new goals and achieve a different result, you may have to change some of your habits!
Once something becomes a habit, you don’t think about it twice, it’s just what you do!
There are a few ‘rules’ to changing habits. These rules have been proven through research.
The main thing is that it takes 30 days to change a habit.
1. Focus on 1 habit at a time i.e. 30-day challenge.
2. Start with a super easy goal & something measurable (eg 20 mins walking per day) & something you’re passionate about
3. Write a plan – what will you do each day?
4. DON’T skip any days
5. Report on paper and to someone
6. Focus completely on that goal until you achieve it
7. If the goal is bigger than a month, break it down.
There is no better time to try this than at the start of a new year!
Here are a few ideas:
Goal: to feel great by becoming fit: How? Walk 1 hour a day. Find a time that suits you and do it every day for a month. Once you’re used to it, you won’t want to miss your daily walk! (walk with a friend and/or get a dog – I call it ‘walking with a purpose!)
There are many other useful habits that will make your life and work more pleasurable, organised, successful. Think about what you want to achieve and start with a 30-day challenge.
Spend a day or so away from your office / home and have a good thing what it is you want to achieve. Then go for it!
Let me know how you get on! You can do it!
Till next week, Marijke
Marijke Dunselman. Click here to read more about us!