A favicon is an icon associated with a particular website, typically displayed in the address bar of a browser accessing the site or next to the site name in a user's list of bookmarks. See example below:
Here are a few reasons why you should have a favicon on your website:
1. It looks professional and adds credibility
2. It reinforces your branding
3. It improves the user experience as it's easy to recognise your site in tabbed browsers and when the page is bookmarked
How to create a favicon:
A favicon is tiny, only 16x16 pixels. Have a look at some of the favicons that are used for different brands. They are simple but reflect the brand they represent:
You can either use an element of your brand that can be reduced to a small enough size (16x16 pixels) or get your designer to design a favicon for you.
Most content management systems allow you to upload a favicon yourself. Or ask your web designer to do it.
Have a great rest of your week!
How to set up social media business pages on Facebook, Google, Linkedin, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest and Twitter
Most (tourism) businesses already have business pages on several social media platforms. But there may be one or two that you haven't looked at. Even if you set up a basic listing with links to your website, this will help your SEO (search engine optimisation).
Before you decide to spend a lot of time on any social media platform, find out what social media your customers use to find businesses like yours.
Below are links to pages that explain how to set up social media business pages for each platform:
Facebook business page: https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/set-up-facebook-page
Google my business: https://www.google.com/business/
Linkedin business page: https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/company-pages/get-started
Instagram business page: https://business.instagram.com/
Youtube Channel for your business: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1646861?hl=en
Pinterest business page: https://business.pinterest.com/en/set-your-business-account
Twitter business page: https://business.twitter.com/en.html
Have a great rest of your week!
A video on your home page or landing page will increase conversion to sales. You can get a video professionally produced, but you can easily produce your own videos too.
My intention is to produce more videos as people process images and video thousands time faster as text. It's one of the major trends in marketing and if you want to develop content for your website, learning to produce simple videos will greatly enhance your website.
The little video slideshow above only took me 10 minutes. I take my lovely black lab Jessi for a walk to the lake daily. Last week, I decided to take photos of her coming out of the the lake shaking off the water after fetching a stick.
Here's how I put together the little video above in less than 10 minutes.
1. Back in my office, I first transferred the photos from my phone (a Samsung Galaxy s6 - takes great photos!) to my laptop by simply emailing them.
2. Open www.youtube.com. If you haven't set up your own Youtube channel, click here to learn how to set one up.
3. In the top right corner, click: Upload. In the right hand column, click 'Photo Slideshow - Create'.
4. Select the photos you want to use for your slideshow. Click Next.
5. You can now edit your slideshow, add music, change the transition, add text etc. You can also click the Advanced Settings buttons for more features.
Once you're done, just click save and your video gets uploaded to Youtube. You can give it a name and add a description.
6. Now that the video is on Youtube, you can easily put it on your website. Most good content management systems will allow you to insert a Youtube video on your website.
Voila! You've done it!
PS My dog is NOT for sale!
Have a great week, Marijke
Marijke Dunselman. Click here to read more about us!