There has been a lot of debate about QR codes and whether people are using them.
The main issue is that they have been used mostly in the wrong way. Here are the main reasons:
You may see them in brochures and on adverts in the paper. Often though, you have no idea what they will direct you to, so you’re not using them.
I do scan them (out of curiosity) and the majority of the time, they go to the main website of the business that is not even mobile friendly! (i.e. you have to enlarge the text to be able to read it, the site is not optimised for mobile use).
With more people now using the internet on their mobile phones than laptops of computer, QR codes could have very good uses.
I use them with my clients with success.
So no, QR codes are not dead!
Here are a few tips:
- ALWAYS let people know where the QR code leads them. This could be a website, page with a deal, booking website, sign up form, video, discount coupon, phone number etc.
- ALWAYS ensure your website is mobile friendly. (if you need help with this, contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Include a call to action (scan this code to receive a free gift with your purchase).
- Test your QR code!
- The best size is a square inch, best colour is black, and leave a white border around it for easy scanning.
- It’s a great way to track campaigns!
PS: Check out the video below - what a cool way to use QR codes!!
Have a great rest of your week!
Marijke Dunselman. Click here to read more about us!