Wow, I've done it! I've put my unit on the market!
Following on from my marketing tip last week about service, the following has happened.
For personal reasons, I am selling my wonderful unit at Shotover Ridge Business Park. (to my clients: I am still running workshops, developing marketing strategies and operate the Smartourism Marketing Group! And I will still be living in Queenstown!) It would have been better to wait another year as pricing are going up fast, but alas!
I've been dealing with several real estate agents. They are all very busy people (see last week's post), so I thought: "hey, I'm a marketer, I can do this!" and decided to market my unit myself. I know the unit best, and I know who my potential market is.
I always say: NOT everyone is your customer. So if you advertise everywhere, you also pay to reach every man and his dog. There has to be smarter way...
Marketing is about identifying who your customer is and find ways to target them directly.
So, true to my own word, I've embarked on the exciting journey of marketing my office myself! Here are my reasons:
- I think I can do a better job myself :)
- I can pass on the saving on huge real estate fees to my buyer
- In only a few days I already have two high quality parties interested!
- I love a challenge!
What I have done so far is:
- Put a FOR SALE sign on the building. People that are actively looking for property will see it (and they have!)
- Put an ad on Trademe: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=796692681
- I've provided really good service to the potential buyers, providing them with all the info they need, talked to them, met with them. I showed them around and have been honest about everything about the unit.
- Put a page on this website with detailed information: http://www.marketingwhizz.com/commercial-property-for-sale.html
- And last and not least, I've spoken with key contacts that are spreading the word for me.
I have set a realistic price too.
Next week, I have few more marketing activities up my sleeve. I'll tell you about them next week!
Oh, and if you're interested yourself in this property or if you can give me any tips, please contact me! (or pass it on to a friend!)
Till next week,
Registrations now open for the 2014/15 Marketing for Success Programme. Click here for info!
Marijke Dunselman. Click here to read more about us!