Well, I’ve done it! It’s sold!
I set a goal to sell my Commercial unit by the end of November and I’ve achieved that goal. I actually had an offer within two weeks, it’s just taken a little while to finalise ‘the deal’!
How did the buyer find out about the unit being on the market? This marketing tip database! It’s a list of hundreds of small to medium sized businesses with many of them the target market for the unit.
So whenever your market a property or a product, decide who your ideal customer would be and where you can find them. It’s no use advertising in newspapers and other mass media as you will pay for targeting ‘everyone’ (unless you want to reach ‘everyone’).
Try to be a bit more creative than that! The result for me was that I had several high quality potential buyers!
The other marketing activities I carried out were:
- Developed a nice looking flyer and distributed around the area
- Set up a page on my website with detailed information about the unit a potential buyer needed with nice photos etc. I had a domain name www.unitforsale.co.nz pointing directly at that page. This way, I could measure how many views that domain had too.
- A FOR SALE sign on the building with my phone number and the www.unitforsale.co.nz website
- Listing on Trademe (this was the most expensive part at $ 399)
What were the advantages for the buyer?
- The feedback I’ve had is that buyers prefer dealing with the owner of the property as they know the property best!
- A much better price as no commission was involved.
The next time I’m selling a property, I will do the marketing again myself!
Till next week, Marijke
Marijke Dunselman. Click here to read more about us!