We've been doing a bit of travelling in the last few weeks and it reminded me what makes customers buy more.
Here are a few observations:
- Customers buy 48% more if there is an emotional connection. This means that if you make your customers feel important and comfortable right from the start, they'll spend more and stay longer.
- You don't remember what people said, but you do remember how the made you feel. What do you or your staff do to go the extra mile for your customer? I know this sounds like a cliché, but it is SO important you hire the right staff and train them well in customer service.
- When you analyse bad reviews on sites such as Tripadvisor, it usually starts with a bad initial first contact, like being ignored when you a arrive, or a bad handling of a complaint. Ensure you (and your staff) control these situations.
- In our Marketing for Success Programme (the next one starts in July), one of the main areas we look at is the Customer Experience, as this is what it's all about.
We all go to our favourite restaurants and hotels because of the way these places make us feel and the way we are treated. Successful businesses get the experience right. We have had some great experiences at certain hotels, which made us stay an extra night.
- When was the last time you were a customer in your own business? Do test your own product regularly so you can improve the experience for your customers!
Till next week, Marijke
Don't miss the next Marketing for Success Programme (Starting July 2014), there are a few spaces available so don't hesitate if you'd like to achieve your personal goals and business goals. To read about the current programme, go to: http://www.smartraining.co.nz/testimonials.html
Marijke Dunselman. Click here to read more about us!