Call to action buttons are an effective way for people to book, register, download or whatever you want them to do on your website. When you look at a website, your eye is automatically drawn to buttons that stand out.
Here are a 5 tips to ensure you have the best call to action buttons on your website:
1. Action-packed words. The words you use on your button will encourage people to click. Keep the sentence short, but ensure they have meaning (rather than just ‘click here’). A sense of urgency works well too. For example:
- free 15-day trial
- reserve your seat now
- book now
- shop the 2-day sale
- download whitepaper
- take this course
2. Location on your website. The location of the button is vital! The best location is at the top of the page or near the top. And ensure you have a call to action on each page!
3. Large and legible text. Use a simple, easy to read font.
4. Size of button. Ensure your button is large enough to stand out with a bit of white space around it.
5. Colour of button. The best colours are green or orange. If these colours don’t work with your branding, just ensure you use contrasting colours so they stand out.
So, spend a bit of time improving the action buttons on your website for improved sales!
Have a great weekend, Marijke
Marijke Dunselman. Click here to read more about us!